Solution Architect – Networking
JOB DESCRIPTION & MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
The Solution Architect – Networking primary role/ technology discipline is positioning, architecting and delivering solutions focused on the following disciplines:
- Advanced Routing/ Switching
- Security Solutions
- Wireless Solutions
for FlexITy’s customers consisting of solutions including consulting services, products and professional services. The Solution Architect is responsible for both resale/premise based solutions along with solutions delivered under hosted/ managed services models.
This position will help drive sales, serve as content knowledge expert, participate in proposal presentation, develop detailed services methodologies, customer presentations, lead service delivery efforts, mentor others and assist with development of technical design collateral.
In addition, the Solution Architect will advise, consult and direct, with respect to developing technology roadmaps that integrates the customer’s tactical and strategic business goals with current and emerging technologies.
This role is also responsible for mentoring and leading the integration of the solution into an existing infrastructure, which would drive systems integration and implementation approaches, including the identification and integration of Third-Party products and services into a cohesive solution design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop business-focused solutions for existing and potential FlexITy’s customers based on industry best practices and products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant competitive solutions, products, and services.
- Assist to drive solution sales, serve as content knowledge expert, participate in proposal preparation, statements of work, RFP/RFI responses, and develop detailed services methodologies.
- Work closely with the Sales team on the development and positioning of customer focused solutions that provide the customer with true business value.
- Perform technical presentations, solution demonstrations and competitive positioning for customers, partners and prospects.
- Responsible for mentoring and handing off to the integration team the proposed customer solution. The Solution Architect will be the point of contact if the approved customer solution is changed in any way. Any changes to the customer solution must be approved by the solution architect team who is accountable for the overall solution architecture.
- Understand, manage and monitor vendor Channel programs, initiatives, requirements and incentives. Present to the sales team the programs and how the programs are used to make FlexITy competitive in the marketplace.
- BS/BA or equivalent
- 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Ideally possess high level Cisco network certifications in relevant technologies.
- Cisco and industry training/ certifications in network infrastructure and network design (e.g. CIPT, CCDA/CCDP, MCSE, CISSP) training/ certifications in Cisco and industry-standard applications.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
- Ideally possesses certifications in other relevant technologies
Professional/ Cognitive Skills
- Must be very collaborative in building and maintaining a repository and in-depth understanding of competitive conditions, industry partners, market opportunities, and customer requirements.
- Exemplary communication skills to represent FlexITy by communicating technical business capabilities and strategies externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills of presenting at levels.
- Ability to work independently and, as a direct or virtual team member to successfully achieve pre-sales objectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to assess a variety of technical post-sales role, pre- sales role, and project management role.
- Knowledge of Cisco and third-party solutions sets (or applicable competitive solution), product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Sound architectural and working knowledge of wireless and security technologies
- Working knowledge of application architectures, middleware and data center technologies to include: datacenter server/ applications, network and storage architecture, datacenter infrastructure applications (operating systems, databases, replication/ disaster recovery, and data protection), and application integration with respect to infrastructure.
- Experience with developing business cases and ROIs, operations experience and working knowledge in implementing management and monitoring infrastructure is vital.
- Network solution implementation and operation experience, either direct or in conjunction with an integrator.
- Pre-sales experience as a network consultant or systems engineer.
Internal Applicant – Apply on ADP>Myself>Talent>Career Centre
External Applicants – To apply click Here
FlexITy Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.
FlexITy Solutions Inc. is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.