Solution Architect – Cloud Services and Data Centre
JOB DESCRIPTION & MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
The Solution Architect – Cloud Services primary role/ technology discipline is positioning, architecting and delivering solutions focused on the following disciplines:
- Enterprise Hybrid & Multi Cloud Services
- Hyperscale & Private Cloud Services
- Office 365 Services
The Solution Architect – Data Centre secondary role/ technology discipline is positioning, architecting and delivering solutions focused on the following disciplines:
- Enterprise IT Strategy Consulting
- Enterprise Server Platforms
- Enterprise Storage Platforms
- Server Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection Services/Solutions
For FlexITy®’s customers consisting of solutions including managed services professional services and products. The Solution Architect is responsible for both premise based solutions along with solutions delivered under hosted/ managed services models.
This position will help drive sales, serve as content knowledge expert, participate in proposal preparation, develop detailed services methodologies, customer presentations, lead service delivery efforts, mentor others and assist with development of technical design collateral.
In addition, the Solution Architect will advise, consult and direct with respect to developing technology roadmaps that integrates the customer’s tactical and strategic business goals with current and emerging technologies.
The Solution Architect is also responsible for mentoring and leading the integration of the solution into an existing infrastructure, which would drive systems integration and implementation approaches, including the identification and integration of Third Party products and services into a cohesive solution design.
Each Solution Architect is responsible for understanding FlexITy®’s service and support models, resources, programs and partnerships to help drive sustainable service solutions with Key Technology Partners:
The Solution Architect must sustain an intimate understanding of major account strategies and a thorough knowledge of Key Partner support capabilities and limitations. This support model will also contain business process and goals analysis, which delineates current and future business trends and strategies along with the possible technology impacts to the business success.
This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Sales.
The position will require complete comprehension and expertise in building and extending current relationships and partnerships with Key Partners in shaping high value sales propositions. This will be based on having detailed market intelligence and knowledge and valuable contacts in the Data Centre sector.
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
- Develop business-focused cloud solutions for existing and potential FlexITy® customers based on industry best practices and
- Develop business-focused data centre solutions for existing and potential FlexITy® customers based on industry best practices and
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant competitive solutions, products and
- This position will help drive solution sales, serve as content knowledge expert, participate in proposal preparation, statements of work, RFPIRFI responses, and develop detailed services
- The position also requires that the Solution Architect performs technical presentations, solutions demonstrations and competitive positioning for customers, partners and
- Work with the Cloud Services Business Leader to identify and develop the technologies and messaging/ marketing required to achieve comprehensive solution offerings for FlexITy® and its
- The Solution Architect is also responsible for mentoring and handing off to integration team the proposed sold customer The Solution Architect will be the point of contact if the approved customer solution is changed in any way. Any changes to the customer solution must be approved by the solution architect team who is accountable for overall solution architecture.
- The Solution Architect is responsible for understanding FlexlTy®’s service and support models, resources, programs and partnerships to help drive sustainable service This support model will also contain business process and goals analysis, which delineates current and future business trends and strategies along with the possible technology impacts to the business success.
- Acquire and maintain relevant certifications for the designated solutions and technologies.
- Strong architectural and technical working knowledge of cloud solutions and key partner
- Sound knowledge of enterprise cloud and data centre technologies, as well as sound understanding of enterprise cloud and data centre best practices (architectural and operational).
- Sound knowledge of application architectures, middleware and datacenter technologies to include: datacenter server/ applications, network and storage architecture, datacenter infrastructure applications (operating systems, databases, replication/ disaster recovery, and data protection), and application integration with respect to
- Experience with developing business cases and ROis, operations experience and working knowledge in implementing management and monitoring infrastructure is
COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION
- The Solution Architect will work with peer Architects to define more Cloud and Data Centre Solutions
- The Solution Architect will team with peer Solution Architects to drive increased FlexITy® market s
- The Solution Architect will collaborate in building and maintaining a repository and in depth understanding of competitive conditions, industry partners, market opportunities, and customer
- The Solution Architect will have the communication skills necessary to represent FlexITy® by communicating technical business capabilities and strategies
- Exemplary communications skills and significant experience with presenting at these levels is required (oral, written, listening and hearing).
- The Solution Architect will work with the Sales team on the development and positioning of Cloud and Data Centre Solutions for FlexITy® customers, focusing on delivering solutions that provide the customer with true business
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and, as a direct or virtual team member to successfully achieve pre-sales
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Has preferably previously occupied a variety of technical post-sales role, pre-sales role, and project management
- Knowledge of Key Partner and third-party solutions sets (or applicable competitive solution), product line specifications, performance criteria and
- Demonstrated ability to use collaboration tools in a sales environment:
- Conference calls & WebEx
- Video calls
- Collaborative whiteboard solutions
- Industry training/certifications in enterprise cloud and data centre solutions.
- Server virtualization solution implementation and operation
- Pre-sales experience in enterprise data centre environments as a consultant or systems
- BS/BA or equivalent (MS/MBA preferred).
- 1O+ years of related industry
- Key Partner product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis
- Pre-Sales experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio are
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deliver proposals for engagements focused on Cloud and Data Centre Solutions.
- Develop and deliver solution proposals and RFP/RFI responses to existing clients and prospective clients in coordination with Business Development Managers & Account
- Develop and deliver technical presentations, strategy sessions and executive briefings to existing and new clients and prospective clients in coordination with business development managers.
- Obtain and maintain required Key Partner
- Develop and present ideas for new solution offerings including, but not limited to, technical capabilities, marketing concepts, utility-like services and consulting
- Work with Cloud and DC Engineering team to develop and implement Cloud and DC centric demos within the FlexITy® integration lab.
- Work with engineering team to develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects for customers on specific FlexITy® Cloud and Data Centre Solutions for furthering sales and customer acceptance of these technology and business solutions as well as prepare for new technologies or applications appearing in the marketplace.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all Cloud and Data Centre technologies.
- Select a specific “specialization” technology in which in-depth knowledge will be
- Provide semi-annual technology briefings to the FlexITy® Sales, Solution Architecture, Engineering and Technical Consulting team on new developments in the selected specialization.
- Assist Account Managers in preparing face-to-face customer pitches, written presentations (including contributions to tender documents) with the sales force and for management team’s review.
- Ability to become the trusted advisor to existing and new FlexITy®
- Work with Account Manager to meet with key FlexITy® clients, assisting with maintaining relationships and assisting in closing
- Strong technical pre-sales selling skills in client accounts as well as sound knowledge and experience in selling complex IT solutions.
- Strong leadership skills in a team
- Managed Services – Develop and drive maximum Managed Services (Flex NET) sales with each customer opportunity
- FlexCloud Services -Develop and drive Hosted Cloud Computing Services (FlexCloud) sales with each customer opportunity -as account strategy
- Professional Services – Develop and drive maximum Professional Services with each customer engagement/opportunity.
- Strategic Thinking -Develop strategies to achieve organizational
- Organization Support – Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks on Support organization’s goals and values.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner. Treat others with respect regardless of their status or
- Ethics – Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically uphold org
Internal Applicant – Apply on ADP>Myself>Talent>Career Centre
External Applicants – To apply click Here
FlexITy Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.
FlexITy Solutions Inc. is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.