Based in Edmonton or Calgary, the Senior Technician primary role/ technology discipline is focused on installing and servicing FlexITy’s solutions to the Healthcare sector in Canada.
These solutions and services include but are not limited to:
- Performing installation,
- Startup and closeout of all jobs other tasks assigned by the Project Managers.
- Troubleshooting, commissioning, programming, service and maintenance of electronic systems, including but not limited to, Nurse Call, Paging, Intercom, Security/Access Control, Control Systems and Telecommunication.
- Installing and servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure deadlines are met.
All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth by FlexITy while assuring a professional and safe working environment.
The technician is responsible for communicating with customers and other core responsibilities include:
- Promotes and adheres to company safety policies and procedures
- Perform assembly, installation and repair of equipment, materials and systems as directed, specified and required in the work orders and project documentation
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding assigned project documentation and work orders, and determine if any additional information is required
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager on scheduling of assigned projects and arrange for material delivery, necessary tools and equipment as needed
- Advise Project Manager of requests for labor, equipment, engineering and sales assistance
- Organize daily team workload for effective implementation
- Attend job meetings when required
- Oversees the installation on assigned projects to ensure jobs are on track and within each phase’s estimate (example: wire pull, mounting, etc.)
- Daily communications with Project Manager on delays, requirements and general status of jobs.
- Informs of any problems and concerns with assigned projects
- Maintain updated as-built drawings and documentation for assigned projects
- Works with Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department such as built, test data logs and manuals
- Responsible for maintaining the daily log. Logbook is kept up to date with customer requests, worked performed each day, concerns, dates and times and tasks assigned to other technicians
- Make site decisions relating to wire and device installation. Suggest minor system changes to the system designer and implement changes if approved
- Maintain a professional image and build good customer relationships
- Provide product and system education and in-service training for co-workers, customers and end users when required
- Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that the company offers Responsibilities cont’d
- Comply with company policies, as well as health and safety issues
- Ensures all work is performed to company standards and quality installation techniques are practiced
- Configures, tests and commissions of all the equipment after termination is made and documents results to ensure performance of system
- Develops project punch lists and verifies correction of defects to ensure system performance
- Responsible for training technicians on Company procedures, systems and installation techniques
- Seeks ways for improvements on company procedures
- Perform all possible technician and junior technician functions
- Supervises, directs and co-ordinates with approved onsite subcontractors
- Promotes a team environment
- Other duties as required or assigned
The Technician shall possess a two-year electronics degree or at least four years combination of education and related field experience. They must possess an understanding of various electronic systems. Maintain a fundamental knowledge of intercom, access control, nurse call, control and integration. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and leadership skills. Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings and specification sheets.
Travel: Out of town travel required (25-50%)
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
- Valid and current driver’s license
- Solve practical problems
- Strong customer and results orientation
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Set of Screwdrivers or Multi-bit
- Diagonal side cutters
- Linesmen pliers
- Wire stripper
- Crimping tool
- DVM Multimeter
- Tape measure
- Small level
- Punch down tool
- Inductive signal generator and sniffer
- Basic Lan tester
- Laptop Computer
- Tool Bag or box
- Any other specialty and hand tools determine by management to perform required duties Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements
Other Requirements and environmental conditions
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers
- Occasional lifting of objects is required (equipment and tools up to 50 lbs.)
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Capable of working at heights on a ladder and in confined spaces
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment.
Internal Applicant – Apply on ADP>Myself>Talent>Career Centre
External Applicants – To apply click Here
FlexITy Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.
FlexITy Solutions Inc. is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.