PMO Team Lead, Sr. Project Manager
The FlexITy PMO Team Lead, Sr. Project Manager is a key core member of FlexITy Systems and provides critical support to the sales cycle and leadership to the delivery teams, including the Project Management Office. The PMO Team Lead, Sr. Project Manager acts as an ambassador on behalf of FlexITy ensuring customer satisfaction through the effective, profitable, and consistent delivery of projects. The position will ensure the successful completion of both customer and internal projects based on a defined scope of work outlined in a Statement of Work (also called a project charter).
The PMO Team Lead, Sr. Project Manager’s objective is to achieve all of the project goals and objectives (defined in approved SoW or internal scope of work) while honoring the project constraints of scope, time, and budget. Internally, the FlexITy project manager is an integral part of the FlexITy team providing sales support, operational support, and mentoring team members.
This is a dual role that requires the PMO Team Lead, Sr. Project Manager to oversee and provide direction, support, and accountability to the Project Management Office, as well as lead and deliver successful internal and customer facing projects as a Project Manager
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
Project/ Practice Management
- Creates and manages, multiple small/medium & large-scale, customer facing and internal project plans, including scope, time, cost, quality, resource, communication, risk management, procurement, escalation, and issue management (External and Internal).
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to coach & mentor fellow PM’s acting in a lead role.
- Develop and maintain escalation procedures and expectations of Project Managers with respect to clients, vendors, and internal issues/resources such that challenges can be overcome with minimal effort, tracking, client satisfaction and the least amount of time delays.
- Develop and implement project management processes and procedures to increase the success factors of each project implementation such that each project is delivered with consistency regardless of Project Manager assigned.
- Educate and mentor new Project Managers on internal FlexITy processes and procedures and Service Delivery Methodology.
- Provide reporting and status updates on all assigned active projects/ engagements on a weekly basis and Project Status Updates (PSU’s).
- Provide management with time allocation reports spent towards projects on a weekly basis.
- Establish post-project processes including customer surveys, internal lessons learned and review of project metrics in terms of level of effort (LoE) estimates versus actual work/ time spent to complete project (Delta analysis).
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Understands the importance of time-tracking, utilization, and P&L accountability.
- Create reporting standards to be used and shared across the PMO
- Minimizes FlexITy’s and clients’ exposure and risk on project by:
- Tracking and managing project schedule and budget.
- Tracking and logging issues and if necessary, chairing a formal, issues review process.
- Manages customer expectations and change following the PMBOK formal change request methodology.
- Ensure all sign-offs are obtained.
- Review all deliverables prepared by team prior passing to client.
- Effectively manages Change Management Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track projects from inception to completion to ensure scope, budget and timelines are being met by helping to identify project risks, resource conflicts, project interdependencies and create mitigation plans.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of every project assigned to deliver.
- Accountable for the customer satisfaction of every project assigned to deliver.
- Communicate project priority and set project task priority for the project team.
- Communication of project plan and status to Project Team, Stakeholders, and Executives.
- Manage on-site and off-site resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Define and track appropriate metrics to communicate and measure performance and success of project.
- Work towards PMP Certification if not already obtained
- Ethics – Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically uphold organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks on time. Support organization’s goals and values.
- Standards and Best Practices maintenance and development.
- Represent FlexITy Systems Inc. in the upmost Professional manner both in the office and
on customer premises.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each Innovator’s career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Creation and Delivery of semi-annual reviews to PMO team
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
- Lead internal process improvement efforts within the Solution Delivery Team including:
- Regular invoicing per project milestones.
- Time-tracking of resources and projects.
- Internal escalation procedures and weekly status reporting for future resource planning purposes.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/ task forces.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Tracks and reports team hours and future utilization projections.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Manages hardware delivery orders against project SOW, packing slips and inventories accordingly.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices, milestone acceptance documents and change management documents.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Supports and/or leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and LOE assessments.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Has the ability to take existing projects and convert to a repeatable, professional offering with the assistance and support of internal management.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to clients and superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/ sensitive information tactfully.
- High level understanding of latest technological solutions in the areas of networking, routing, switching, security, wired, wireless, storage, server as well as application integration, database, and system design etc.
- Experience with Healthcare technologies an asset
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
The Project Manager must be able to demonstrate successful participation in IT infrastructure projects using the skills set given below:
- Excellent people skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to develop and manage detailed “infrastructure” project plans.
- Experience managing complex, multi-site integration projects, both internal and external
- In-depth knowledge of project management life cycle, methodologies, and support tools (e.g., MS Project, Waterfall and Agile methodologies, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels and to effectively liaise with key stakeholders at the executive level.
- Ability to work on many projects concurrently without displaying a flustered stress level.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, verbal and written.
- High level of experience with MS Project & MS Office Suite.
- Must be a team player and foster a team spirit.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to provide option/ alternatives to problems.
- At least 10 years of project management experience in an IT organization.
To apply click Here