Network Specialist – Level 3
Network Specialist – Level 3
FlexITy is actively seeking a full time Senior Network Administrator to expand the Managed Services Department.
As a Tier 3 resource, you will be part of a diverse and specialized senior team within the Technical Assistance Center (TAC). Reporting to the Director of Managed Services, you will join a team with the responsibility of Mentorship, Knowledge Transfer, supporting, planning, designing and acceptance sign-off while building and supporting infrastructure solutions for FlexITy and its Customers.
Daily tasks would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform firmware/software installation, configuration management, maintenance, testing and documentation for any network related platform under FlexITy support
- Act as final point of internal escalation in the Cisco PSS program, solving most issues and preventing them from being escalated to the vendor.
- Ensure highest level of availability, reliability and performance for all platforms under FlexITy support
- Mentor and create documentation/knowledge base articles for the lower tiers of support to allow them to successfully complete routine tasks and troubleshoot on the infrastructure under support.
- Perform problem management and incident correlation on re-occurring issues; suggest and document workarounds and solutions
- Collaborate with other members of the senior team on design and troubleshooting issues; provide customers with best-in-breed solutions.
- Be an escalation point on all network related issues
- Due to the nature of the support environment, shift work & on-call rotation is required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshoot, and conduct root-cause analysis for any network / security related issues assigned or escalated on any platforms within FlexITy and its customer base
- Perform deep dive analysis on customer tickets and environments as part of FlexITy’s problem management process and/or to find opportunities for Optimization
- Create and provide reports for the environments under support and related activities and tasks
- Work with Customer Engagement Managers to run customer Change Management process (including assessing changes, writing Methods of Procedures and attending Change Advisory Board meetings)
- Create and update documentation for the environments under support. The documentation would include: standard operating procedures, solutions, knowledge base articles and applicable project documentation
- Work with customers on projects related to your specialization in order to create supportable solutions that meet both the customer and FlexITy’s requirements
- Research and identify industry trends in the network or datacenter related space, leveraging new ideas to improve the service design and support for the customer base
- Work with customers or FlexITy’s Professional Services department to accept any new implementations into the management life cycle. This includes making sure all necessary documentation is handed off to Managed Services and all team members are informed of any new technology and / or process
- Work on day to day operational issues through a ticket based system to assist and resolve customer issues
- Be on call to act as a final level of escalation before resorting to vendor support
Education / Experience
- 8+ years experience in network, security and / or data center design / administration related jobs
- 5+ years’ experience in a design and or consulting capacity
- Undergraduate degree in a technology-related field is preferred
- Current & valid certifications in technologies listed below would be a major asset. CCIE level preferred.
- Extensive experience deploying mission critical network, security, and or application load balancers in a 24×7 production environment
Technologies / Knowledge
- Expert knowledge in networking. Strong preference given to hands-on experience with Cisco and Juniper
- Expert knowledge in network security. Strong preference given to hands-on experience with Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet and F5 platforms.
- Expert knowledge of application layer traffic management / inspection and /or load balancing. Strong preference given to Cisco, Fortinet and F5.
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management, automation tools and custom scripting is a strong asset
- Strong hands on experience with the any or all of the following specific platforms:
- Cisco Nexus
- Cisco ASR
- Cisco ASA
- Fortinet Firewalls
- Palo Alto Networks Firewall
- F5 Load balancers
Professional / Cognitive skills
- Strong written and oral communication in English is a must. Strong presentation skills are considered an asset
- Strong and proven troubleshooting ability in a large scale, fast-paced operations environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage time to support multiple high-priority objectives simultaneously
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty and / or stress
- Ability to design solutions and develop plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting the stated goals of both FlexITy and its customer base
- Ability to manage client and management expectations, keeping all stakeholders informed about projects and / or incidents
- Ability to adjust plans to respond to changing business priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team sharing ideas and gaining consensus on a proper solution
- Effective and personable communication with customers and vendors to achieve desired results.
- Ability and desire to mentor teammates on areas of expertise, helping raise the collective knowledge of the team
- Desire and drive to attain results and closure on issues even if faced with resistance & reluctance
- Reliability and commitment to getting the job done (including after hours as required)
Internal Applicant – Apply on ADP>Myself>Talent>Career Centre
External Applicants – To apply click Here