IT Help Desk Level 1
The IT Help Desk will provide level 1 technical support (commensurate to experience) within Flexity and actively supporting all Flexity employees by assisting in providing technical solutions to their corporate accounts. They will have opportunity to work with senior industry trained CCIEs, CCVPs, JNCIPs, MCSEs and will report directly to the System Administrator. In addition, the position will require the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st level support to resolve server access problems, end-user hardware, operating systems and software related issues
- Experience in administering complex LAN/WAN environments, including cabling, video conferencing, VoIP and VPN.
- Strong understanding TCP/IP in LAN/WAN technologies.
- Record, track and escalate incidents via our ticketing system
- Configure and image workstations, laptops and other computing equipment as required
- Set up new user accounts and configure required hardware
- Configure/support printers, copiers, IP Phones and various other peripheral devices
- Support mobile devices
- Assist in special projects as required
- Provide exceptional service to all departments using available resources
- Document technical procedures for new technologies as well as update/maintain existing technical documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware problems on behalf of employees. Analyze and isolate issues.
- Working with other members of the IT organization to ensure timely resolution of employee issues
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Execute various diagnostics and repair applications on users PC (such as virus and spyware removal, computer optimization, registry repair, device driver issues, Web related issues, wireless connectivity, etc.
Education and Experience
- Must have community College diploma in Computer Science or related field and relevant experience.
- Must have minimum of 1-year experience in end-user support
- Knowledge of Cisco networking switching and routers would be an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) – Foundations v3 Certification is an ass
- Operating systems may include, (e.g. Windows, MS Office, Visio, Share Point, SQL, etc.)
- Must have excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills
- Must be able to communicate in user-friendly language with a strong customer service mindset
- Must have exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Must be a team player, able to work under pressure
- Must have knowledge of information and computer technology
- Customer service oriented with the ability to adapt and respond to different types of personalities;
- Proven Help Desk/Technical Support experience is an asset;
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail on all assigned tasks and deadlines;
- Ability to analyze symptoms and figure out underlying problem
- Ability to recognize when user’s problem need to be escalated to senior staff
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic network and voice communications issues
Internal Applicant – Apply on ADP>Myself>Talent>Career Centre
External Applicants – To apply click Here
FlexITy Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.
FlexITy Solutions Inc. is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.