Epic ECSA/ODBA Database Administrator
Epic ECSA/ODBA Database Administrator
We’re seeking an Epic ECSA/ODBA Database Administrator for a FTE opportunity located in Richmond Hill Ontario
Job Summary -Work collaboratively with the DBA Team and other technical staff to install, maintain, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize our client’s Epic applications, environments and the systems they run on. This includes our Epic Cache databases, Epic ancillary Windows applications, and Data Courier migrations and administration. Troubleshoot and resolve issues and incidents related to all the above.
- Installs, upgrades, maintains and supports Epic ancillary applications (Web Blob, Interconnect, Hyperspace Web, EPS, ) and Cache databases on selected server platforms. Seeks assistance from more senior peers on complex issues.
- Applies Epic client pack updates to all installed ancillary applications
- Applies Epic server-side updates to all Dev, Test, Train, and Production Cache environments
- Works with other teams to apply and validate Linux/Windows patches to database and application servers.
- Manages storage associated with Epic Cache databases and Windows ancillary Assists systems administrators with storage allocation and planning related to the database.
- Monitors and optimizes the performance of Epic ancillary applications
- Monitors and optimizes the performance of Epic Cache database instances in a networked environment
- Implements viable database backup, recovery, and high availability strategies and Executes database recovery, restoration, and/or restart as required.
- Defines and implements database parameters, security, audit, and resource allocation policies and Defines, creates, and manages user accounts, profiles, privileges, roles, and required audit information.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams (Unix, Oracle, Windows, Network, SAN ) related to database, application and environment support and projects.
- Responsible for daily Epic build migrations using Epic’s Data Courier utility, working closely with application and change Analyze and troubleshoot migration issues.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging database trends/technologies.
- Carries a cell phone / department-supplied laptop and responds to pages in a timely manner.
- Adheres to change control processes. Maintains version control, administration of scripts for file manipulation and programming access to multiple environments.
- Conducts cross-team training and lessons learned sessions.
- Maintains documentation of team processes and procedures, including operating manuals or training materials for internally managed databases and systems.
- Escalates and statuses lead and management on assigned tasks and priority production support issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management or team lead.
Physical Requirements: (physical abilities essential to perform the job): Nothing extraordinary
- Work Environment: Office environment
- On-Call: 24/7 on call rotation based on schedule
- Educational requirements and/or preferences: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Requires three years of Epic ECSA or ODBA administration experience, ECSA experience preferred
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows operating systems is required
- Certification in ONE of the following areas is required: Epic ECSA (one of the latest 2 Epic/Cache versions) Epic ODBA (one of the latest 2 Epic/Cache versions)
- Scripting experience required (PERL, Powershell, etc.)
- Working knowledge of patient care databases and applications required Working knowledge of monitoring, tuning, and administration of Windows and IIS applications is preferred
- Working knowledge of monitoring, tuning, and administration of enterprise database systems a plus
- Working knowledge of Citrix, VMWare, BigIP, F5 or Netscaler load balancing, and SSL/TLS required
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, manage several projects at one time, and utilize time effectively for self and others
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities and work effectively as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Project management abilities for cross-team & internal projects
- Epic Clarity administration experience a plus
To apply click HERE.