Bid Proposal Manager
Bid Proposal Manager
The Bid Proposal Manager will have the responsibility of leading and contributing to all phases of the company’s proposal process in response to large or complex proposals including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Quotes (RFQs), and other solicitations.
The Bid Proposal Manager exercises initiative and independent judgment in the resolution of problems related to the bids/projects to which they have had assigned to them. The position will have significant internal contacts within all levels of the organization. The Bid Proposal Manager will have to exercise skill in bringing all required FlexITy resources to bear on the completion of the bid. The Bid Proposal Manager will exercise diligence needed to be able to obtain commitments from the resources required, holding those resources accountable for the actions assigned to them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in this role.
- The skill to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP.
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and processes.
- Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs.
- Re-write/edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal, and operations.
- Able to manage key bid sites (e.g. MERX, Biddingo) for expected and potential bids, based on defined criteria
- Focused on continuous improvement in the proposal management process, including developing organized repositories for existing content and the development of corporate and solution boilerplate material
- Extremely proficient in a variety of office tools including Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Willing and able to adapt to work under pressure and short time lines, as well as work with and possibly manage others.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
- Exceptional facilitation and organization skills are required.
- Exercising full responsibility and authority for complex government proposals and bid preparations.
- Coordinating proposal efforts with the technical division, contracts department, contractors, subcontractors, information technology, security and compliance, legal department, finance department, and human resources.
- Manage the bid preparation process to ensure customer needs are identified and a winning approach is adopted.
- Produce the quality/technical documentation, in accordance with the clients’ requirements, and to a standard which results in as high a quality evaluation mark as possible.
- Work with multiple departments to obtain appropriate responses.
- Leverage database response tools for information sources.
- Customize standard information to address customer requirements.
- Ensure that bid specifications are clear, biddable, and unduly restrictive.
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts.
- Assist sales managers and directors in developing a proposal structure.
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the sales account manager against agreed upon bid deadlines, and escalating issues as required.
- Ability to coach sales teams in writing best practice.
- Archive and manage all new proposal content for potential re-use
- Bachelor’s Degree (or comparable experience)
- 4+ years of bid proposal experience.
- Must have the ability to function in a matrix environment where resources are not owned but secured from outside teams.
- Must be very collaborative and thrive in a team oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and thorough understanding of winning strategies.
- Ability to gather, organize, interpret, and collate data from multiple sources.
- A clear understanding of tactical proposal management with a keen eye for details.
- Strong written, verbal, and inter-personal communications skills.
- Independent in being able to prepare, review, challenge, amend, and produce documentation in all Microsoft Office formats.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and have a keen ability at relationship building.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- A working knowledge of government contracts plus a good understanding of “how the government does business”.
- Experience delivering bids that address complex requirements.
- Be able to adapt to work under pressure and short time lines.
- Experience in coordinating and updating a knowledge base system, such as Microsoft SharePoint, is beneficial.
Internal Applicant – Apply on ADP>Myself>Talent>Career Centre
External Applicants – To apply click Here